Checking submission and scoring are working

Hello Onward Team,

I have reconstructed the first sample id=‘20231207154753507821’ with about 3-4 patches misplaced, see low res image below. I submitted it but got a 0 score. If my submission format is correct should I get something like 0.01 (since there are 100 test slices)? Nobody has a non-zero score on the leaderboard, which is strange.

Screenshot from 2024-02-02 16-23-48

Hi @jc138691

Thank you for your observation, we will analyze your submission, and in case there are any issues with the scoring algorithm, we will definitely improve it and let you know.

Onward Team

Hi @team , Any update on your scoring? I have submitted perfectly reconstructed first 5 slices (the rest are your random sample submission entries). I checked the submission by using your code to reconstruct my 5 slices to verify they are correct. Still got 0 score. Please assist and/or check.

Hi @jc138691

We are in the process of updating the scoring algorithm at this time. We will let you know when the changes are live on the website.

Onward Team

Hello @jc138691

We are pleased to announce that the updates to our scoring algorithm are now complete and live on the website. We appreciate your patience during this process and invite you to submit your solution. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you will have any further questions.

Best regards,
Onwards Team

Hi,

I tried to submit as well after your last message – still score is 0. I double-checked the format, it is exactly the same as the sample submission and there are correctly solved puzzles. Can you recompute all the scores automatically once fixed?

Hello @dmitry.ulyanov.msu
Thank you for your message.
Upon review, your submission appears to be in the correct format. However, it seems the puzzles have not been solved. Could you please verify that you’ve uploaded the correct file?

Kind regards,
Onward Team

Thanks for checking my submission. In fact, I now see that I was loading patches in the wrong order and so the indices messed up. Will recompute and try again.

1 Like