Competition end date and time

Hi, the competition page states that there are 3 days left, while rules tell that competition ends on March 15th. There is 1 or 2 days difference and it’s not clear which is correct. Also, can you provide the exact time and time zone when the competition ends? Or do you end competitions manually?

Hi @dmitry.ulyanov.msu,
Thank you for bringing our attention to this issue. Under the Rules tab of the challenge page, section 4.2 states “For the avoidance of doubt, all times mentioned in these Challenge Terms and related materials are based on Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).

We are considering making this clearer for future challenges, and thank you again for your feedback.

Best regards,
Onward Team

Thanks for the clarification, but you still did not mention what time on March 15th the competition ends. Is it 23-59 UTC or something else?

Hi @dmitry.ulyanov.msu,
Thank you for your clarifying question. The Patch the Planet competition ends on March 15th at 22:00 UTC.

Best regards,
Onward Team

FYI, on the competition page it says “18 hours left” while it’s day + 18 hours left.

Just a suggestion to avoid confusion adapt the format “Mar 15 23:59 UTC” while declaring the deadline.

@dmitry.ulyanov.msu - that error has been fixed. We sincerely apologize for the confusion caused.

The Patch the Planet competition will be ending on March 15th at 22:00 UTC.

Thank you as always,
Onward Team

Hi @ashwinids,

We recognize the issue, and indeed will ensure that future challenges will include the specific challenge end timing.

Thank you for your suggestion,
Onward Team

i have another suggestion for improvement.
each of us has a submitted page (it shows a table of all the submissions and the respective scores we have made so far).

I think the time at the submitted page is local time.
All time should have been competition time (UTC).
It is quite confusing when we want to check our submitted time.

(there should also be a column of the submitted filename/decription. else i cannot remembered what i have submitted when asked to reproduce the results, etc)

Hi @hengcherkeng235,

Thank you for those excellent suggestions. The team is discussing them and are certainly considering implementing these suggestions in the near future.

Best regards,
Onward Team