Exploring Data Analytics - Where Should I Start?

Hey everyone!

I’ve been hearing so much about data analytics lately, and it’s clear how much it’s impacting businesses, industries, and even day-to-day decision-making. It got me thinking—maybe I should start learning about it! The thing is, I’m not sure where to begin or what skills I really need to pick up to get a solid foundation.

I know there are tools like Excel, Python, SQL, and even more advanced stuff like Power BI or Tableau, but it feels a little overwhelming. Should I start with one of these? Or is there a better way to understand the basics of how data analytics works before diving into the tools?

Also, I’m really curious about how it’s used in real-world scenarios. How do businesses or even individuals apply data analytics in their projects? Whether it’s making smarter business decisions or optimizing processes, I’d love to hear some examples. It feels like one of those skills that can be super powerful once you know how to use it, but right now, it’s all a bit of a mystery to me!

I have gone through these resources/articles Keep getting incorrect format okta tutorial however, they are quite helpful but I wanted to learn more from community members.

Any advice on how to get started, must-learn tools, or how data analytics is used in practice would be hugely appreciated. Excited to hear from anyone with experience in this area!

Thanks in advance :pray:
Mark Smith