Incomplete Training Data

The overview indicates there are 7200 distinct buildings in the dataset; however, the zipped folder I downloaded contains only 2039 buildings. Is there a link to download the rest of the data?

Hi @oluwadaminiolaa and welcome to the ThinkOnward challenges community :wave:

Can you verify the size of the building-instinct-train-data.zip file? It should be 598 MB for the training data and the building-instinct-train-label.zip file with the labels should be 55 KB. You might try re-downloading the training file as it sounds like you only got a portion of the data.

ThinkOnward Team

1 Like

The zip file is actually 570 MB, I have encountered the same thing. Its 2039 rather than 7200.

for me the zip files are 598 mb and 55kb but its stilll incomplete. around 2k buildings. comparing to test zip file we should have around 1.5 gb of train data for 7200 buildings

Hello @oluwadaminiolaa, @nadsoncarliva, @clkrv1,

Thank you very much for reporting this issue. Our team has looked into it and are replacing the file. We will update you once this is done.

ThinkOnward Team

Hello again @oluwadaminiolaa, @nadsoncarliva, @clkrv1,

Thank you for your patience. The files have just been replaced and you should be able to access the full set of data now.

If you encounter any further issues, please let us know.

Many thanks,
ThinkOnward Team

1 Like

@discourse-admin when I am extracting the zip file for train ā€“ here is the error am getting . unsupported zip compression method (9 deflation-64-bit). Can you help me? Am not sure how others have solved it? am using Ubuntu

Hi @shravankumar224

Can you give us a bit more information about which version of Ubuntu you are using?

ThinkOnward Team

Hi, The building-instinct-train-data.zip is about 2.6GB and when I download it, Iā€™m unable to unzip it. I dont know if anybody encountered this problem

Hi @bamtungom and welcome to the ThinkOnward Challenges community :wave:

If you are running into issues unzipping the dataset, you might try to unzip the file from the terminal. After you cd to the directory where the zip file is located run

unzip building-instinct-train-data.zip -d /path/to/your/new/directory

Where you change the /path/to/your/new/directory to the path you want to save the training data.This will unpack the data from the zip file it should unpack. Let us know if it does not work and we can keep troubleshooting.

ThinkOnward Team