Machine Learning Solutions

Hi,

Are you only accepting machine learning solutions for this challenge?

I noticed that you included a clause in the Unbreak My Seismic challenge that states that only ML / DL solutions are allowed, whereas there is no such clause in this challenge. Is that intentional?

Thanks,

Hi @david

For the Parallel Perspectives Challenge we are only accepting machine learning or deep learning submissions. For this Challenge your job will be to build a machine learning or deep learning model that can unscramble these traces and restore the original line.

Happy puzzling

Onward Team

has the solution need to be pure machine learning?

i can see that the task is related permutation/sorting and a key component is similarity matching (between 2 strips or blocks for related 2d jigsaw puzzle)

Say i use deep learning/ML to learn similarity matching and it is so accurate that the top-1 neighbours neighbour is 100%, then i can simply unscramble by linking to the top neighbours up(e.g. greedy search + backtracking).

Is this considered a valid solution as it uses DL/ML + heuristics/combinatorics?

Hi @hengcherkeng235 and welcome back to the forum!

It sounds like you have a solution in mind that combines deep learning or machine learning and leverages a bit of a heuristic or combinatoric approach. We will consider the submission if it is primarily deep learning or machine learning based and scores well on the hold out data.

Give it a go and see how it does!

Onward Team